Monday, April 12, 2010

Pedicures

I used to think it was incredible that women would actually pay someone to paint their toe nails. That was until I actually experienced a pedicure. My daughter-in-law took me to the salon on my birthday one year and I soon discovered the reason why pedicures are so popular. First, you sit in a lounge chair that is massaging your back through the entire procress as you soak your feet in warm, bubbly water while the pedicurist trims your nails and removes the dry skin from your feet until they're nice and smooth. Then she smiles as she massages your feet and legs (below the knee) with soothing oil. Aaaaaaah!! She then paints your nails the color you've selected. Sometimes I choose hot pink or sometimes plum. You leave the salon feeling oh so pampered. There's just something about having beautiful feet that makes you want to head to the mall for a new pair of sandals....and something inside your head whispers, "Oh you are sooo worth it!!"

1 comment:

  1. I have my husband convinced that since I have herniated discs in my back that I can't paint my own toe nails nor scrub toilets and tubs. Hello pedicures and cleaning service!! :0) Clean toes need clean showers, you know...

    ReplyDelete