Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's a great life.....

My life's a little crazy right now. Preparing for a one-way trip to Utah and deciding what stays and what goes is making me more than crazy. In our first 25 years of marriage, we moved 13 times. Those moves weren't without trials. Like the time I opened a box and the smell about knocked me out. The movers had packed a plastic container of leftover stew!! Or the time we trusted a truck driver to care for our hamsters in the cab of his truck, only to find them bloated and dead inside our car that had been shipped across Texas, New Mexico and Arizona. Or the time we couldn't find the truck that was carrying all our earthly goods. A few days later the driver pulled in and said he had decided to stop in the mountains and do some fishing. A driver told me a story once about a woman, who after the truck was loaded and ready to go, couldn't find her cat. Five days later, the cat crawled out from inside a sofa as it was being unloaded. Anyway, I will be strong and carry on and try to remember what my mother always says, "It's a great life, if we don't weaken!!"

2 comments:

  1. You are in my prayers--What can I do to help?? Not that I want to help you leave--I know you will be back--even if just for a visit--RIGHT???

    ReplyDelete