Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Fabric of our lives...

I just took a trip down memory lane as I was going through baskets of fabric. I used to sew quite a bit, not so much any more, but as I picked up each piece of left over fabric I would remember what I had used it for. As I discovered a piece of black and white checked flannel, I remembered the jumper I made our teenage daughter. To avoid her disappointment when she realized it was homemade, I took a GAP tag out of an old t-shirt and sewed it on the jumper. I wasn't as smart as I thought. She knew it wasn't from the GAP, who was I kidding? Another piece of fabric was from the dresses I made our two younger daughters for their older sister's wedding. Fabric from Christmas dresses and baby quilts. A lifetime of memories. I've heard it said before, "She who dies with the most fabric wins!!" I think I'm in contention for 1st place.

1 comment:

  1. I think I remember the Gap story. Funny. What is that saying? Quilters (crafters, sewers, etc.) save fabric, popsicle sticks, yarn, pretty papers... Normal people throw away their trash. Please don't be a normal people, OK?

    ReplyDelete