Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Music

I've been singing for as long as I can remember. My sister and I have sung together since we were very young. Our family reunion was held every summer and included a talent show. We would sing together accompanied by our uncle on his guitar. Grandpa also played the piano and his harmonica. My sister sang the melody and I sang harmony. We sang at retirement homes, church programs, and when we were older, funerals and weddings. When I was eight years old, my dad put a new roof on a home owned by the local piano vendor. Instead of payment, he brought home a brand new piano. I learned to play and accompanied my sister and I as we sang. When I was 14, I was the pianist for the junior Sunday School and when I was older I learned to play the organ as well. Music has been a huge part of my life whether singing lullabies to my children or just singing in the shower. It has shaped my life and defined who I am. I know I have passed my love for music on to my children and hopefully my grandchildren. Music is eternal...

No comments:

Post a Comment