Wednesday, March 10, 2010

My Best Friend

Sometimes I swear I have the best husband in the universe. He just went to the pharmacy to pick up my antibiotic and came back with a dozen roses as well. It reminded me of a time many years ago when we had just moved to a different state. One morning after all the boxes were unpacked and things all put away, I burst into tears. My bewildered husband asked what in the world was wrong. "I don't have any friends," I wailed. I continued having my pity party throughout the morning, when suddenly I heard the doorbell ring. When I opened the door, a delivery man was standing there with a beautiful bouquet of flowers. The children were excited, wondering who had sent them. I read the card and all it said was, "From your BEST FRIEND!!!"...."Who is my best friend?" I asked. "DADDY!!" they all shouted, and you know what? They were right!!

3 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear you are sick. Hope the roses and meds help for a speedy recovery.

    Marta

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is so sweet! He sure has bought a lot of roses in his life, hasn't he? (inside joke)
    My favorite is how he always had a Valentine gift for us girls. My favorite was the "I Love You" necklace. He's a keeper!

    ReplyDelete