Sunday, March 7, 2010

Sunday Dinner

One of my favorite childhood memories was Sunday dinner at grandma's house. We would all sit around her huge, round mahogany table and enjoy a meal fit for a king....homemade rolls, fresh vegetables from the garden, delicious desserts....just thinking about it makes my mouth water. I've tried to carry on that tradition at our house. For instance, today is Sunday and we'll have eight adults and eleven grandchildren here for dinner. My rolls are semi-homemade thanks to Rhodes frozen dough, the vegetables won't be fresh from the garden, and dessert will be Girl Scout cookies, but I hope my grandchildren will feel the same unconditional love and acceptance that I felt at my grandmother's house. That's how memories are made.

Sunday Coke Roast:
One 3-4 pound beef roast
One envelope Lipton's Onion Soup Mix
One 12-oz can Coca-Cola
Cook in crockpot on high from Sunday morning til dinner time. (6-7 hrs)

1 comment:

  1. I too have the same grandma memory. Guess that is why we try to make it work in our families. Somehow though Grandma made it look so easy. When I have my family over it seems like we are so far from peaceful family dining I sometimes wonder if it is worth doing. But then I remember that I look at the memory from a child's point of view, my mother paints a different picture. Anything that will build a strong memory and feeling of family unity is worth doing. Maybe my grandkids will think it all looked easy as well. Thanks, Nancy

    Marta

    ReplyDelete