Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Soapbox

You'll have to pardon me while I get on my soapbox. This is something I feel strongly about and most people think I'm nuts!! Which is probably true. Anyway, one thing I truly believe is that compassionate service begins at home. Whenever I was in the hospital having a new baby or having surgery or for whatever reason and the wonderful women at church asked me if they could help by bringing in meals, I would thank them, but I would respectfully decline the offer. I've been advised that I deny others the blessing of serving me, but I also believe that by doing so, I deny my family the blessing of serving each other!! And, after all, if these delicious meals are delivered to our door, my family will never learn to appreciate me at all. I want them to SUFFER!!! I also want them to learn that you love those whom you serve!! and serving each other in a time of need is definitely a way to learn that lesson. I mean if a boy can earn a cooking merit badge, he can cook a meal or two for the family. I must admit at this point that I have a husband who will step up to the plate and do whatever it takes to keep the home running when mom is out of the picture. For this I have been truly blessed!! Yes, I have turned down meals, but, I have never nor will I ever turn down cookies!!!

1 comment:

  1. Chocolate chip or snickerdoodles??

    It was good to visit with you last night,
    thank you,
    Marta

    ReplyDelete