Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Choosing the father of your children...

One of the most important decisions a woman makes in her lifetime is, "Who will be the father of my children?" So, of course, I have to explain how I chose mine. One of the first things I remember about him was being picked up and dumped into an irrigation canal. I was 15.....he was 16. It was love at first sight. (Well at least for me.) A couple of years later he saw the light and we were "officially" in love, but too young. When he was 19, he left to serve as a missionary for two years while I attended college at BYU. Soon after his return, we were married. Two young people with their heads in the clouds loving every minute of life. Nine months and four days later, our first child was born. Reality brought us back to earth!! We were parents!!! During the pregnancy, he was determined that it was a boy and would not discuss girl's names. I went into labor on his birthday and he was thrilled that he and his son would share the same date. A daughter was born the next day; but it was, again, love at first sight. Through the years, we added two more daughters and two sons to our family.

Most men have some kind of hobby....golf, hunting, whatever...My husband's hobby was (and still is) his children. He sat through every play, concert, ballgame, recital, whatever they were doing at the time; and he sat on the front row cheering, clapping, making sure they knew he was there. They knew without a doubt that he was the president of their fan club. They knew they were the most important priority in his life. He has been a devoted husband and father, always putting the needs of his family before his own. He has blessed our family in a millions ways. We love him dearly, especially me, because, after all, I chose him!!

1 comment:

  1. I am loving your blog. Thanks for making me aware of it. We so appreciate the example you are to us and your smiling greetings when we see you!

    ReplyDelete