Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Johnnycakes and babies...

There's an old pioneer song that goes something like this: Come girls come and listen to my noise, don't you marry those Mormon boys, if you do, your fortune it will be, johnny cakes and babies is all you'll see. Well, I married a Mormon boy and I've eaten lots of johnny cake, or cornbread as it is more commonly known, and I've given birth to five babies; but, marrying that Mormon boy has taken me on a journey that would rival anything written by L. Frank Baum. This blog is about that journey. I hope you'll enjoy reading about it...

3 comments:

  1. Very fun! Can't wait to read "the rest of the story!" I just started blogging too. It is a fun world:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a cute blog! I like it. You have so much wisdom, experience and whit. Your blog is going to be great!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am trying to find the song that has that verse in it. I think it was from an old record called "Ruth" but I can't find any more info online.

    ReplyDelete