Friday, January 22, 2010

Have you been looking in the mirror again?

I have called my mother every night for the past three years...ever since my father died. We live a couple of thousand miles apart, so I like to check in on her at the end of the day just to see how she's doing. She's 84 years old and living alone, so even though I have siblings that live nearby who take very good care of her, I feel like the only thing I can do for her is to call. Last night when I called her, she was feeling blue. This happens now and then so I had to ask her, "Have you been looking in the mirror again?" This always makes her laugh. They say inside every older person is a younger person wondering what the heck happened!! As we age, our body begins to wrinkle and starts to sag. Our hair turns gray and we begin to look like a person we don't even recognize. Who is that old woman in the mirror? I don't feel that old!! Our body ages, but our soul stays young and soon the only thing we have to look forward to is resurrection morning when we get that youthful body back....no brown spots or varicose veins.....just a body, perfect in every way!! Thank goodness we can tell that to the old woman in the mirror.

1 comment:

  1. I love you Aunt Nancy...you are one of the best of all the women I know! Thank you for being so wonderful!
    lOve you!
    -Aubrey

    ReplyDelete