Monday, January 25, 2010

The Devil Made Me Do It......

I actually told this story to someone yesterday, so thought I'd post it on the blog. My husband used to travel constantly. He would come home, replace his dirty clothes with clean ones and take off again. Well, one day a box came in the mail. It was from a hotel he had stayed at the week before. I opened it and found a letter saying, "Dear Sir: Here are some items you left in your room......". I pulled out a man's shirt and a pair of socks. They weren't his. At that instant, the devil appeared on my shoulder and whispered in my ear, "Do it"!! So, I placed a pair of panty hose and a slip in the empty box, replaced the letter, and sealed it back up. When he came home, he saw the box and asked what it was. "I don't know", I lied, "It's from that hotel you stayed in last week...". He opened the box, read the letter and looked inside. No sooner had he looked, when he slammed the lid shut. The conversation went like this:
Me: "what is it?"
Him: "nuthin'!!!!!"
Me: "Well, there must be something in there!!"
Him: "nope, nuthin'!!!"
Me: "Let me look.."
Him: "I said, there's nuthin' in the box!!"
By then, the astonished and perplexed look on his face got the best of me and I burst out laughing. He didn't think it was funny, but, like I said, the devil made me do it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment